Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Walking and Running on Emotions

The past week my emotions have been all over the place. I received some bad news last Monday and it has since thrown me for a loop. I allowed myself some time to be sad and angry. I allowed myself to sit inside to eat Thai food and ice cream and watch nothing but the Olympics (okay, I'm still watching nothing but the Olympics...). After three or four days of feeling depressed and sorry for myself, I made my sorry self get up and do something as simple as take a walk outside. I still wasn't in the mood to actually run or workout, but just being outside in the sunshine definitely brightened my mood and made me feel a little better.
Today, I finally got my act together and went for a run. I'm starting to get back on track emotionally and I knew that a nice run would only make me feel even better. Plus, the views on this run are to die for.

Life still isn't perfect and things are still a little messy, but I just need to remind myself how good it feels to get out there and run and provide a temporary escape.

1 comment: