Monday, August 13, 2012

Cold Tuna Pasta Salad


Lately it's been hot hot hot here in good ole So. Cal.  I can be a pretty miserable person when I get too hot, so therefore I try to avoid getting even hotter.  Trust me, it's for everybody's benefit.  What that really means is don't expect me to turn on the oven or cook anything that makes this apartment anymore of a sweat-box than it already is.  This means a lot more cold, refreshing meals and lots of fruit.  One of my go-to recipes is one my mama used to make on hot days, a tasty (and cold!) tuna pasta salad.  It's a better dinner than living off fruit, and it still isn't too heavy.  Bonus: Super easy to make. 

Cold Tuna Pasta Salad(makes 6-8 servings)

12-16 oz. favorite type of pasta (shells or elbow macaroni)
5 oz. can solid white tuna
Medium can sweet peas (~8.5 oz)
Medium can sliced olives (~3.8 oz)
4 tbsp. (or more) mayonnaise  *I'm not a huge mayonnaise fan, so I only used 4 tbsps. but you can easily add more
Salt and Pepper to taste

Directions:
  • Cook pasta according to box. Drain and let cool.
  • Mix in mayonnaise and tuna (drained).
  • Drain olives and peas and mix into pasta.
  • Sprinkle on salt and pepper
  • Store in fridge and serve cold.

Hint:  Make it the day or night before so it can sit in the fridge for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment