Thursday, August 30, 2012

Running Skirt Convert and Less "Girly" Things

Something is going on here in SoCal with the humidity and I am just not having it. Neither is my hair. Ugh. Despite the humidity (still going strong at 6pm), I told myself a run outside would be worth it and I'd feel great after. I did...even if I was 10x more sweaty than usual. The run overall went well though and I feel so much faster outside than on the treadmill; definite confident boost.
I had a "first" on this run too. A while back I bought a Nike running skirt at Marshall's on a whim, but I had yet to wear it because I wasn't sure how I really felt about running skirts in general. Well, let's just say I'm a fan! This skirt didn't ride up, kept me cool, has a key pocket, and is more fun than plain old capris or shorts. Consider me a convert! I may have to go buy another one...
 
In order to redeem myself from sounding over-the-top girly and talking about skirts, I will share with you this:
Fantasy Football draft went down tonight. Our league is Dirty Randy's Jabronies a la The League and my team name is Victorious Secret. I am the only girl in the league, but I'm pretty excited to beat some boys ;) Bring on the football season! ...but also keep your fingers crossed that the Dodgers make the playoffs cause baseball ain't over yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment