Monday, May 14, 2012

Weekend Round-up and Workout Routine

This weekend was the perfect mix of lazy and productive aka my perfect weekend. 

Friday night
productive: Shaun and I had a date night with some delicious Chinese food from a local hole-in-the-wall type place.  Productive because it required getting out of the house.
lazy:  We got home and I sat on the couch, drank a beer or 2 or 3 or..., and watched quality television like 20/20 and dateline nbc. Yes, my idea of a great night in.
Source
Saturday
productive: Got my craft on (see: DIY Spray Paint Picture Frames) and cooked dinner that required more than a microwave (stuffed bell peps, recipe to come). I also went to the perfectly empty work out center and ran an easy 2 miles while watching Breaking Bad.
lazy:  I didn't change out of my pajamas until about 4 pm (all productivity occurred after that time)  I only get out of them so I wouldn't get spray paint on them.  Spent the night watching episodes of the Wire. Judge away...
Source

Sunday
productive:  Went into work, checked out Ocean Beach for a bit with Shaun, ran 3 miles outside, and baked some Brie Cheese and Cranberry muffins (recipe to come!).
lazy: Pretty much sat on the couch and watched more episodes of the Wire from about 6pm - midnight. Oye. Only 1 more left until I finish season though!

I'm trying to get to running a little more consistently because I'm highly considering running the Americas Finest City half marathon in August. If you've ran it or know anybody that has, I'd love to get your opinion.
Source
I'm also starting Insanity and I really hope I can stick with it. Maybe blogging about it will hold me more accountable and I can give weekly updates. I did the fit test tonight and even that was tough! Looking forward to seeing how this works out :)

Tomorrow morning I'm off to try BodyPump for the first time! Woohoo! I've been dying to try it and the perfect opportunity arose when a friend of Shaun and mine, who just moved into town, is totally pro and going to teach me the basics before class!

Were you lazy or productive this weekend? Or a mixture of both?

How is your week shaping up in terms of workouts?  Trying anything new? 

No comments:

Post a Comment