Monday, December 5, 2011

Thanksgiving Review, About Two Weeks Late...

Was Thanksgiving really a week and a half ago?  Where have I been?  Well, I've been working a lot and have been busy, busy, busy, but that's just an excuse besides the point.

I was able to go home for Thanksgiving and brought Shaun along with me.   I love the holidays and being home is the perfect chance to reunite with friends and spend time with the family. 

On the cooking side of Thanksgiving, I contributed two dishes, brussels spouts and pumpkin cheese cake.  Apparently I have a thing for brussels sprouts because I made them last year too!  This year I made Cider-Cinnamon Brussel Sprouts using a recipe I found in Self magazine.  These were amazing; the apple, the pear, the cinnamon, the cider, all go perfectly with the brussels sprouts themselves and are the perfect side to any fall dinner.  I also made Paula Deen's pumpkin cheesecake.  I love pumpkin and I love cheesecake, so there was little not to like about this dish.  I'm pretty sure everyone agreed, because we demolished that dessert.
Cider-Cinnamon Brussels Sprouts

Pumpkin Cheesecake...devoured.
Thankgiving also happened to be my dad and Liz's last night in their house.  They were moving out the next day!  That made it quite a unique dinner itself, but it was nice to have everybody back in the house for one last night.
Family
Shaun and I   

I mostly stayed away from major Black Friday shopping.  I bought a few cheap movies and the She & Him Christmas CD to get me in the spiritI've already been crafting and decorating away for Christmas, 'tis the season!

No comments:

Post a Comment