Thursday, December 15, 2011

Favorite Spaces and Places: Torrey Pines Gliderport

I decided to start a new edition to this blog featuring places that I love in and around the San Diego area.  I'm having such a fun time exploring my new home that I figured I'd share some of my favorite places from time to time.





First up, Torrey Pines Gliderport.  After going into lab on a Saturday morning (yup, a SATURDAY MORNING...because cells don't sleep), Shaun and I decided to explore a little bit of La Jolla.  I've heard about how beautiful the cliffs and ocean is from different areas in La Jolla, so we had to check it out for ourselves.  Our journey took us to Glider Point, where we walked around, watched the paragliders and hang-gliders.  I'll just let the pictures do the talking...



 http://sandiegofreeflight.com/jm170/index.php

They offer tandem paragliding and hang-gliding and have a cute little cafe on-site, overlooking the ocean.  I might have to add paragliding here to bucket-list now!

No comments:

Post a Comment