Monday, December 19, 2011

Monday Musings

Mondays are tough. I've decided to make them a little more interesting by sharing some of my recent obsessions/likes/random things on my mind.

[1] She & Him:  A Very She & Him Christmas.  Who doesn't love Zooey Deschanel?  Besides being a major girl crush of mine, she and M. Ward make beautiful music together.  Ever since I got the CD, I've been listening to it on repeat and it's most definitely putting me in the Christmas spirit.
[2] Florence + The Machine.  I went to Wrex the Halls last weekend and they rocked it like nobody's business.  That woman can sing like no other and you could just feel the passion in their performance.  Give them a listen if you haven't already!
[3] WAKA Kickball (http://www.kickball.com/)  I guess I haven't mentioned that I joined an adult kickball league.  Best decision Shaun and I have made since moving here.  Our team name is Smokin' Bases and it's awesome.  Making new friends and having fun both on and off the field! The motto is Best Parties. Best Games. Best Friends. I suggest everyone looks for a league in their area and get out there and play!

[4] Running.  I signed up for my first half marathon with my friend Andi in March!  The finish is on the field of Petco Park and I can't wait.  I've started my training and I'm beginning to remember why I loved running so much in high school.  I'm by no means as fast as I was back then, but I love the absolute freedom and release I get from running.

[5] Shit Girls Say.  What's your monday without a little funny?

Enjoy your Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment