Monday, September 26, 2011

Musashi- Simi Valley

Musashi is a sushi, seafood, and steak joint in my hometown of Simi Valley, CA.   It's been here for a couple years but I've actually never been there until tonight.  We went for my brother's birthday dinner and while my family seems to really enjoy the place, I've read some not so stellar reviews on Yelp.  The place is a little pricey (probably another reason I haven't been there), but because it was for a birthday and the last time my mom, sister, brother and I will all be together in one place for a while, we decided to give it a go.

Oh, and I definitely left my camera at home and I have yet to join the smartphone generation, so bare with the lack of pictures.

We all ordered Teppan Yaki dinners/combos which come with miso soup, salad, rice, shrimp, and veggies.  My brother ordered the chicken and scallop dinner, my sister got the canadian scallop dinner, my mom got the calamari steak dinner, and I got the vegetarian combination (with tofu steak, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, bell pepper, asparagus, and sauteed udon).  SO MUCH FOOD!  The atmosphere is also great because the teppanyaki chef cooks all the food right in front of you on an iron skillet and they show off with fun tricks and fire.
One thing to know is that depending on the size of your party you might be sharing your table with others.  It's really not that bad because the environment makes it really fun and easy for everyone to get involved. 

In contrast to the Yelp reviews I read, I thought this place was great and the food tasted delicious.  Their fried rice might just be some of the BEST fried rice I've ever had; it was that good!  However, I can't comment on the actual sushi, so maybe that's the problem... I ate as much as I could (and as gently as I could...my mouth is still recovering from the wisdom teeth extraction) and I still have a ton of leftovers, which I look forward to devouring.

Now that you've read what I have to say, why not try it for yourself!  Other locations include Porter Ranch and Northridge.

Musashi Restaurant
1747 Simi Town Center Way
Simi Valley, CA 93065

No comments:

Post a Comment