Sunday, March 6, 2011

POP Champagne and Dessert Bar

It's pretty well known that I love dessert.  It's also well known that I love a good drink.  So, what is better than a place that combines two of my favorite things? Uh, nothing...

I was doing some research on where to go get something to eat / drink for some extended b-day fun with some friends.  We were headed to Pasadena because it was convenient for all of us to meet.  Good ole Yelp led me here and boy, am I glad it did.

POP Champagne and Dessert Bar

33 E. Union Street
Pasadena, CA 91103


We only went to get dessert and drinks...well, I got a drink...(to my friends' defense, they were driving and this was our second stop).  Their menu is extensive; I'm talking champagne, wine, spirits, beer, and more!  Their dessert menu is just as appetizing and very reasonably priced.

We each got something different: Lemon Tart, Seasonal Pavlova, Crepes, and Creme Brulee (I think)
I forgot the name of my drink (it was on their specialty menu) but it had gin, sparkling wine, simple syrup, and blueberry garnish -- just as tasty as I expected.

So. Good.  Besides the great food and drink, the atmosphere also helps make it so fun.  It's dimly lit and not super big, so you still have your privacy.  A fun place to go out with friends or for a date *note: must go back with Shaun*  I will definitely be going back to explore their menu more.  They offer dinner and 'small bites' as well.  Can't wait to try it again!  Their drinks are calling my name...

So, if you're in the area and you're looking for a fun and romantic place to get something to eat and drink, or if you just want to treat that sweat tooth of yours, make your way to POP.  You won't regret it!

Edit:  Totally forgot to mention that they have some fun ice cream flavors too!  My lemon tart came with basil ice cream and it was interesting, but oh so good!

No comments:

Post a Comment