Friday, June 1, 2012

Getting Back Into the Groove

After what has felt like weeks of just okay workouts here and there, I've finally started to settle back into a routine.  A routine I think I can stick with.  I work better and am more dedicated when I have a goal in mind.

New goal: AFC Half Marathon, August 19th.  aka Jen attempts sub 2 half after a [somewhat disappointing] 2:02:19 first ever half.

Okay, so the somewhat disappointing is a lie.  I was proud just to do it, but now I'm ready to kick some half marathon ass.

This weeks workouts have included:

Monday:  Jillian's Ripped in 30.  A little pre BBQ/pool party workout
Tuesday:  1.5 mile warm up + BodyPump.  Yup, I'm continuing my strength training journey and it's kicking my ass in the best way possible.  Can't wait to see the results!
Wednesday:  "speed work out" 1 mile warm up, 5 x 400s @ 8 min/mi pace, and 1 mile cool down.  Since when is 8 min/mi considered speedy?  Well my legs sure can feel it...I guess that's what happens when you don't do "speed" work for 2.5 months.  Time to step up my game!
Thursday:  A 3-miler that I tried to talk myself out of.  But, once I got outside I remembered why I love running.  (3 miles, 27:44; 9:14 min/mi avg)
I think the beauty of San Diego is a gift from the running gods.

a little post-run sweat 
 
Friday: Jillian's Ripped in 30.  Not too taxing, considering it my 'rest'.

Hoping to get in 3 miles tomorrow and maybe another BodyPump class.  I leave Saturday afternoon to go camping with some Kickball friends and will be back Sunday evening.  5 miler when I get back Sunday orrrr pushing that to Monday depending on how much beer I drink tired I am after camping.

Are you a strength training machine or a cardio fiend?
I loveeee my cardio, but I know strength training will get me more toned and make me faster in the long run. Hehe, oh puns.  Doing my best to keep up with my Ripped in 30 and BodyPump routine.

No comments:

Post a Comment