- Happy February! I can't believe it's already February...time is flying! I love love love this month because there's so much going on. Shaun's birthday (which also happens to be Valentine's day or as he likes to call it...'Shaun's Day') and more importantly my birthday! Our special days are only 5 days apart, so that means a week packed full of fun which, of course, I try to extend the whole month. I'm turning the big 2-5 this month so I think I'm more than justified to extend the party for as long as I can.
...but only because it's also your birthday...
- Ignore the fact that we've already been in San Diego for 4 months, let's celebrate the fact that we just got nightstands in our bedroom.
- Still enjoying the nice weather in sunny San Diego. Spent part of Saturday hiking in gorgeous Torrey Pines, which was made all the more fun by the fact that the Farmer's Insurance PGA Tour was going on right next door.
- On Sunday, during my long run, I was going for 9 miles but I hit a wall in a major way. I think I was just tired, it was too late in the day to start my run, too hot, and I didn't eat right. Basically too many excuses overall. I had to stop and stretch a few times on the run and even spent the last mile and a half alternating walking and running/jogging. Ugh. It made me feel defeated.
Something I need to remember
- Even though I don't consider myself a real, crazy runner yet, I've definitely said some of the things in the "Shit Runner's Say" video below.
"I'm taking it easy tonight...long run tomorrow"