I knew I wanted to make something with Nutella in it. It was late Tuesday and I knew cupcakes would take too much time, but brownies would be a great dessert substitute and much easier to make. Disclaimer: Do NOT go looking for Nutella at 10:30pm because both stores you go to will be re-stocking and you'll get stuck with Costco-sized Nutella (not that that's a bad thing...).
Recipe adapted from Noble Pig.
Peanut Butter Nutella Brownies
(makes enough for 9 x13 pan)
1 cup butter , melted
2 cups granulated sugar
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
4 eggs, room temp
1 cup all purpose flour3/4 cup cocoa
1/8 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup Nutella
1/2 cup peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F
- In a bowl, mid flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt; set aside
- In a pan, over low heat, melt butter and stir in sugar and vanilla, mixing until combined
- Add eggs to the butter-sugar mixture, one at a time, mixing
- Whisk in the cocoa-flour mixture
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt peanut butter and Nutella in 20-30 seconds increments, stirring in between.
- Add Nutella-PB mixture to the batter and mix
- Pour batter into 9 x 13 pan and bake for ~30 minutes
- Let cool (if you can!), cut, and enjoy!
I looooove these! You could definitely taste the peanut butter. The nutella is in there too, it may be a little harder to taste, but it helped make for a delicious brownie. I got good reviews from work and everyone that tried it seemed to enjoy it.
Next time you have a potluck, or if you just want dessert, consider making these!