NYE was spend exactly like I said in my last post, in my pj's. Shaun and I drank, played scrabble, ate some fatty foods, watched the new years eve specials (Anderson Cooper > Ryan Seacrest) and all that fun stuff.
|We're an exciting couple, I promise|
|Champagne Toast...we're so attractive...|
Then I rung in the new year with a 6.0 mile run at beautiful Mission Bay. I haven't ran this far since high school, when I ran track and cross country, so it was a great accomplishment and great way to start off 2012 and my half marathon training!
I enjoyed my run at Mission Bay so much that I ran there again on Tuesday for easy 3.5 miles. I ran at the perfect time of day; got off work a little early and there was a beautiful sunset.
|This is why I LOOOOVE San Diego|
I also just joined Daily Mile and have no friends :( so if you want to be my friend and follow my training, feel free to add me! Trying to get better at logging everything and keeping up to date. I added a widget to the side of my blog so you can read my workout updates there if you feel so inclined and then maybe I won't have to bore the rest of my one readers with my ramblings here.
Speaking of trying new things...
Goals for 2012!
- Finish unfinished craft projects and start some new ones
- Be more adventurous in the kitchen; cook more!
- Eat healthier, follow my intuition, cut back on late-night snacking.
- Reach my happy/goal weight.
- Save money! (Pay off some credit card debt and student loans)
- Travel (The thing I'm willing to spend my hard earned money on)
- Stop staying up so late and establish a bedtime (Make it easier to get up in the morning)
- Keep in better contact with friends and family back home and elsewhere
- Finish my Masters program AND start the application process for Doctorate programs
- Run 1000 miles this calendar year
- Run a race at each of the following distances: 5k, 10k, Half Marathon
- Be happy, show thanks and appreciation.
Let's make this year a great one! I have a good feeling about it ;)