Thursday, November 3, 2011

Playa Grill and Margarita Bar

Sometime last week-ish, before pumpkin-patching (new verb), Shaun and I decided to check out Groupon Now! and see if there were any dining deals in the area.  I've decided that one of the perks of relocating from Ventura County to San Diego are the abundance of dining options.  I have a feeling that I'll be utilizing Groupon a lot more now that I'm down here.  One dinner option that caught my interest was pay $15 for $30 worth of food at Playa Grill and Margarita Bar.

Playa Grill and Margarita Bar
2401 Fenton Pkwy # D104
San Diego, CA 92108
619.280.0505
 It's a casual dining establishment and, according to the yelp reviews, their happy hour is to-die-for.  YUP, they have happy hour EVERYDAY! Mon-Sun 3pm-7pm:  1/2 price appetizers & 1/2 price all alcoholic beverages!  (I've also read that during Chargers games they serve $3 Chargaritas...a blue margarita?)

Initially, we were a little bummed because the Groupon stated that it was "not valid for happy hour prices", but we figured it would be a win-win either way.  They made up for it with the chips and two types of salsa they promptly served when we sat down.  Also, they have quite the margarita list,  as they should when the word is in their name.  I ordered the Parmarita (La Pinta Pomegranate tequila, Sauza Hornitos, Patron Citronge, house made sweet and sour) $10 and Shaun ordered the Seabiscuit (Cazadores Reposado tequila, Passoa passion fruit liqueur, St. Germain elderflower liqueur) $10...afterwards he ordered a house margarita to make-up for the semi-girliness of the previous margarita  ($6.50).  We both agreed that our drinks hit the spot!
Shaun + Chips + Salsa

Margs + Fajitas + Carnitas
For our entrees, I ordered the Shrimp Fajitas ($MP) and Shaun ordered the Carnitas Plate ($12.95).  I was more than satisfied with my dinner and while Shaun liked his, he did mention that the meat lacked a little flavor. 

The best part was that when we got our bill our drinks had been marked down to the happy hour prices ($5 each for our specialty margs) and our Groupon price was still deducted!   Awesome news, if you ask me.  I have a feeling I'll be coming back here again.  The atmosphere is fun and they have a great outdoor patio/fire-pit area.  A happy hour may be in my future!

No comments:

Post a Comment