Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Sweet Arleen's: Cupcakes and Bread Puddings


Recently my friend Shannon and I took a little trip to get some cupcakes (what else is new?).  I had heard of Sweet Arleen's not only because it's in my home town area, but also because they were a winner on Food Network's Cupcake Wars!  It's hard enough to turn down a cupcake; it's even harder to turn down a place that serves award worthy cupcakes.

They not only serve cupcakes, they serve bread puddings too.  I have yet to try those aforementioned bread puddings, but it's on the to-do list and when I do, be certain that you readers will be the first to know :)

Shannon went with the Strawberry Cream cupcake described as, "In this elegant and delicate dessert, Sweet Arleen's uses real strawberries for both the cake and icing. You will be berry pleased with our Strawberry Cream!" 
Strawberry Cream

 I chose the Mocha Truffle which according to the website can be described as "Our Classic Vanilla cupcake filled with a decadent dark truffle, and topped off with espresso butter cream. This is Sweet Arleen's alternative to an afternoon Cafe Latte."  
Mocha Truffle
 I'm positive that we both devoured ours before we knew what happened.  We also took a bite of each others and I can assure you that they are both quite tasty.  I would say that I preferred mine, but I'm bias because I'm a sucker for most coffee/espresso flavored desserts.  Speaking of coffee, I also ordered one while I was there and it was only $1 because it was Wednesday and apparently their Wednesday special is $1 coffee with the purchase of a cupcake or bread pudding.  Unfortunately I can't find they other weekly specials listed online so you might have to go in yourself and check it out.

My only disappointments are that there are not tables or chairs either inside or outside of the store so you basically have to take your cupcake to-go which, to me, isn't as fun.  Also, maybe it was just this time, but the girls working there could have been a little happier and more friendly, but what can you do about that?  Based on cupcake taste alone, I highly recommend you check it out, with other flavors like pina colada, banana caramel, and rich peanut butter how could you not at least want to try it?!

Cupcake Prices:
Traditional: $3/ea. or $35/dozen
Specialty: $3.50/ea. or $40/dozen 

Sweet Arleen's
960 South Westlake Blvd Suite #4
Westlake Village, CA 91361

Monday - Saturday: 10:00 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Sunday: Closed

No comments:

Post a Comment