Friday, March 9, 2012

Countdown to Coachella

I know with a half marathon coming up this weekend I should be more concerned with that than with a music festival in the dessert next month.  However, my ticket box of treats arrived this week and it has made me simply giddy.
Plus, Coachella isn't just any music festival.  It's a 3-day extravaganza that over 75,000 crazy people attend.  This year is two-weekends (identical festivals both weekends), so that is 150,000+ people!  Sometimes I feel so blessed to live in California.  People travel from worldwide to come to this festival.
Music is something I'm passionate about.  It helps be get through the day, get through a workout, gets me in a better mood, can make me want to dance, and can make me want to think.  In my opinion, one of the best ways to celebrate music your like, and to discover new music, is seeing it live.  Those of just some of the reasons I can't wait for Coachella; the friendly, unique people there also make it one of a kind.
I figure I'd share some of my favorite Coachella artists/songs of this year with you.  Take a listen and enjoy!

Florence + the Machine- Take Care (Jamie xx/Gil Scott Heron, Drake/Rhianna cover)

Gotye ft. Kimbra- Somebody That I Used to Know

Breakbot- Fantasy

SBTRKT ft. Little Dragon- Wildfire

Andrew Bird- Imitosis
   
Justice- Audio, Visual, Disco 
(this video is what it's like to be in huge crowd and listening to awesome beats...all the Aussie accents chanting "Justice" at the end are great too)

Hope you enjoyed some of the musical choices.  They're all over the place, in terms of genres, but that's the beauty of a music festival.

What's the best musical performance you've ever seen live?

Have you ever been to a giant music festival?  Which one would you want to go to?
I would looove to go to Glastonbury sometime in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment