1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/3 cups (2 1/2 sticks) sweet butter
2/3 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup flour
1/2 cup lightly crushed raspberries, plus whole raspberries for garnish
powdered sugar, for dusting
- Preheat oven to 325F
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter together, stirring throughout. Let cool slightly.
- If you don't have a double boiler (I don't!), but a medium bowl or smaller pot over a pan of simmering water.
- Beat together eggs and sugar, until thick and pale.
- Mix flour mixture into the batter
- Stir in melted chocolate
- Add crushed raspberries and mix
- Add mixture to cupcake liners and bake for 20 minutes
- Let cool and dust with powdered sugar, garnish with fresh raspberry