Friday, September 28, 2012

Wanderlust Wednesday: Barcelona (Two Days late...)

 
But it's not Wednesday...

Needless to say, but I already said it, this week has been busyyyy and I didn't get to this post on time. Is it just me or does life seem to be the busiest right before you go on vacation?

Anyways, onto the final destination of the trip- Barcelona!

Barcelona is one of the places I've always wanted to travel and is probably the city I've heard the most about.  I'd like to thank high school Spanish class for teaching me a thing or two.  The beaches, the nightlife, the culture, the history, I look forward to experiencing all that I can.

I'm really looking forward to seeing the works of Gaudi, namely the Sagrada Familia and Park Guell.  I've seen the pictures over and over, but the real thrill will come from seeing them in person.
I'm also extremely excited about our hostel location, which is right on Plaza Real in the Gothic Quarter, a popular tourist attraction.  The restaurants and nightclubs should definitely make for a lively stay.  It is also right next to La Rambla, so the fun will be endless.
The beaches are also a must! Luckily, in October the weather is still a fairly warm, but not too hot or humid.  We may have to get our tan on and enjoy the sun.  And what's better than a cool drink than relaxing in the sun?  I can't wait to try some real, authentic, Spanish sangria!  And how about the food?!  I'm dying to try some seafood paella!

1, 2, 3, 4, 5
 
Have you been to Barcelona before?  Any tips, advice, or must-sees?
 
HOLY CRAP, in less than 48 hours I'll be on my way!  Better finish packing...

No comments:

Post a Comment